Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Put the food inside the Freeze. Me: the what? Him: Freeze!

Confusing right. That's what I thought when I first heard of it. The conversation happen in Malay Language, but it sounds funnier in English.

Not too long ago I was at a friend's house. The parents came back shopping for groceries. My friend call out to his sister and said... "Help to put the food in the Freeze"

His sister picked up the food stuff and put it in the refrigerator.

They hear people say; "put the fish in the freezer" and then they also heard "don't put anything on the Fridge" and so they make up their mind to call it a Freeze.

They do not know that the freezer is inside the Fridge and that a Fridge is actually a Refrigerator.

After 20 years, I wrote this entry today because I heard somebody was saying it exactly like I heard it 20 years ago.

I wonder what would cross their mind if seeing a policeman in action calling out "freeze, don't move"


Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment. If you hate me... leave two.